Russell McVeagh has a variety of mechanisms and approaches to support all employees to be the best they can be in their professional and personal lives. We offer a suite of employee practices designed to assist individuals and groups to achieve their career goals.
The firm has a clear commitment to ensuring there are no barriers to success within our organisation. There are numerous options in place to support employees and their individual needs. Flexible working arrangements are made and are possible for a variety of reasons, including:
- Family commitments
- involvement in professional sport
- Futherance of education
We offer a variety of family friendly benefits and policies such as
- Paid parental leave for female solicitors.
- A nanny service for times when regular childcare is unavailable.
- A parent's room in each office.
- Remote access for working from home option is made available to a variety of staff and managers.
- Our path to partnership programme includes a programme of mentoring and a variety of support mechanisms with a goal to maximise the likelihood of successful transition to partner.
- We have several mechanisms in place including a harassment committee; an open door policy; mentoring and buddy systems; a counsellor on staff who is available for all staff, including partners; health nurses in both offices and a variety of wellness and support programmes including healthy eating, pilates and sports.
- A longstanding commitment to equal pay for equal work
- A generous sick leave allowance. We offer a sabbatical structure for solicitors with three years' tenure, which may be applied for any purpose, including family, sporting, travel, education or other interests.
As a testament to the success of this programme we are pleased to advise the following
- Of the nine senior non-legal managers in the firm, six are women.
- We are very proud of the high number of our solicitors who choose to return to the firm following parental leave.
- Over half of our senior associate group, which consists of very senior solicitor operating at pre-partner level, are women. This group is actively supported in our path to partnership programme, which provides real assistance including mentoring and professional support to assist members of this group to achieve partnership.