Graeme is a very experienced and highly regarded corporate partner. His practice focuses on:
- Mergers and Acquisitions/Sale processes
- Corporate structuring and reorganisation
- Joint Ventures and Shareholder Arrangements
- Investment Funds / Private Equity
- Overseas Investment
Graeme is relationship partner for a number of the firm's key clients.
- Graeme is leading the team which is implementing the changes to Fonterra Co-operative Group’s capital structure to introduce “Trading Among Farmers”. This will include establishment of a new Fund, establishment of a private market for trading of Fonterra shares, and interfacing with relevant stakeholders.
- Led the team which worked with Fonterra to develop the Trading Among Farmers model in the period up to June 2010, including drafting the new Constitution (approved by shareholders in June), advising on meeting procedure and relevant legislative requirements.
- Led the team which reorganised the New Zealand operations of National Hearing Care (owner of the Bay Audiology business) and worked with Australian advisers on the dual track IPO/trade sale process for disposal of the group - divested (subject to regulatory approvals) in September 2010 for AUD$460m.
- Acted for the Guardians of New Zealand Superannuation on investments by the New Zealand Superannuation Fund in domestic and off shore property, private equity, and infrastructure funds (including the NZ$100m investment in Public Infrastructure Partnerships Fund, October 2009).
- Acted on the sale of "Simply Squeezed" by Crescent Capital Partners Management to Frucor Beverages (2009).
- Acted for KiwiRail Limited on procurement of a fleet of new rail locomotives (2009).
- Acted for Macquarie Group in its acquisition (as principal or as fund manager) of numerous businesses and assets in the retirement village and aged care sector, including MetlifeCare, ElderCare, Qualcare, the Salvation Army assets, and others, and re-structuring the acquired assets (2005-2008).
- Acted on acquisition by Fonterra of New Zealand Dairy Foods (including the “Anchor” brand portfolio) from Rank Group, and divestment of the “Meadowfresh” business to Rank Group. This included extensive on-going contractual arrangements between the two businesses post-transaction.
- Acted for Genesis Power on its divestment of a majority stake in the Kupe gas field to Origin Energy, contracting back of long term gas supplies, renegotiation of joint venture agreement, and related matters.
Referees available on request.
LLB, BA Auckland University
Admitted to practise in New Zealand in 1988